DAY 22: Chocolate Almond Truffles
I found this recipe over at Shugary Sweets. These candies have a rich chocolate almond center, surrounded by crunchy almonds then dipped for a crunchy white chocolate coating. Don’t they just scream CHRISTMAS treats? 🙂
(Recipe and picture credit: Shugary Sweets)
- 12 oz milk chocolate
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/3 cup almonds, chopped
- 16 oz white chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup red/green candy melts
- In a saucepan, melt milk chocolate with heavy cream until smooth. Remove and cool about 15 minutes.
- Pour into a mixing bowl and add almond extract. Beat on low until smooth (about 1-2 minutes). Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours.
- Scoop mixture into small 3/4 inch balls, roll in chopped almonds and freeze on parchment lined cookie sheet for about one hour.
- Using a toothpick, dip each truffle in melted white chocolate. Tap side of bowl to remove excess. Allow to set on cookie sheet for 30 minutes. Drizzle with melted red and green chocolate candy melts. Set 15 minutes and enjoy. Store in airtight container or freeze in ziplock bag for future use.
COUPONS FOR INGREDIENTS:
almond extract: $1/1 McCormick Spice, Herb, or Extract (Publix All the Trimmings printable), $0.50/1 Simply Organic Extract or Baking Flavor printable, 1/1 Tone’s Seasoning or Extract, exp. 12/9/13 (RP 12/09/12 R)
almonds: $1/1 Blue Diamond Almonds (Publix Winter Family Savings Printable), $0.50/1 Almond Accents printable, $0.50/1 Wonderful Almonds, exp. 2/8/14 (SS 12/08/13)
red/green candy melts: (if you know of a coupon for this, let me know)