Pumpkin Better-Than-Lovin’ Cake
1 box yellow cake mix
1 – 15 oz. can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 – 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 – 8 oz. tub cool whip
½ bag Heath Bits
Caramel Sundae Sauce
1. In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and pumpkin puree until a smooth batter forms.
2. Pour batter into a greased 9×13 baking dish, and bake at 350º, according to the directions on the cake mix box (approx. 23-28 mins).
3. Remove cake from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes after baking.
4. Using the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the top of the cake.
5. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the cake. This should fill in the holes and soak into the cake.
6. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
7. Remove cake from refrigerator and spread cool whip over top of cake. Sprinkle on the heath bits, and drizzle caramel over top. (I didn’t think the cake needed a lot of caramel at this point so I only used about ¼ of the jar. I thinned it out first by heating it in the microwave.)
8. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours, or overnight
COUPONS FOR THIS RECIPE:
$1/2 Cool Whip or Jell-O Dry Packaged, exp. 10/20/13 (ALL YOU Oct ’13)
$1/1 Breyer’s Ice Cream Topping, exp. 10/13/13 (SS 08/18/13)